The Hospital Hill Run UMKC School of Medicine 5K will once again be held on Friday evening June 2, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. The event will start and finish on Grand Blvd. in front of Crown Center. All UMKC School of Medicine 5K participants will receive a men’s or women’s tech shirt, one-of-a-kind finisher’s medal, ChronoTrack timing and a great family-friendly post-race party at Crown Center Square.
We made this change to enhance the 5K experience and to make it more family friendly by adding strollers to the 5K (strollers will not be allowed into the 10K or half marathon). Many families have approached us with children who want to participate in the 5K and parents who want to participate in the half marathon. Now they no longer have to choose! The entire family can participate in the 5K together, and the parents can run in the half or 10K on Saturday.
**The 5K course must be completed within 90 minutes**
- UMKC School of Medicine 5K Course Map
- Street by street 5K course description
- START on Grand Blvd. at South crosswalk in front of Crown Center Shops
- Athletes start in NB lanes of Grand Bvd. Heading North to Pershing
- Head East onto Pershing which turns into Gilham in SB lanes
- Head south on Gilham in SB lanes to E. 29th Street
- Head east on E. 29th Street to The Paseo
- Head North on The Paseo to E. 27th Street
- Head West on E. 27th Street to Holmes
- Head North on Holmes to E. 25th Street
- Head West on E. 25th Street to Pershing
- Head NW on Pershing in the Northbound lanes to Grand Blvd.
- Head South onto Grand Blvd. in the SB lanes to finish at South crosswalk in front of Crown Center Shops.
- FINISH at South crosswalk in front of Crown Center Shops
- Mile Markers (approximated location)
- Mile 1 Located at E. 29th Street and Gilham
- Mile 2 Located on E. 27th Street and W. Paseo Blvd.
- Mile 3 Located on Pershing between E. 25th Street and Grand Blvd.