The Hospital Hill Run 5K presented by UMKC Health Sciences District will once again be held on Friday evening, June 1, 2018, at 7:00 P.M. The event will start and finish on Grand Blvd., in front of Crown Center. All 5K participants will receive a duffel bag, one-of-a-kind finisher’s medal, ChronoTrack timing and a great family-friendly post-race party at Crown Center Square
We moved this event to Friday evening a few years ago to enhance the 5K experience and to make it more family friendly by adding strollers (strollers will not be allowed on the course for the 7.7 mile, half marathon and Run Across Missouri half marathon). Many families shared with us that their children wanted to participate in the 5K, while the parent(s) wanted to participate in the longer distance events. Moving the 5K to Friday evening solved this dilemma, allowing the entire family to participate in the 5K, and the parents can participate in the 7.7 mile run or Half Marathon Saturday.
**The 5K course must be completed within 90 minutes**
- UMKC School of Medicine 5K Course Map
- Street by street 5K course description
- START – on Grand Blvd. in the south cross walk in front of Crown Center
- Runners head North on Grand Blvd.
- Runners head East on 22nd Street
- Runners head South on Holmes Street
- Runners head East on 27th Street
- Runners head North on Tracy Ave.
- Runners head West on 25th Street
- Runners head North on Charlotte Street
- Runners head West on 22nd Street
- Runners head South on Grand Blvd.
- FINISH – on Grand Blvd. in the south cross walk in front of Crown Center